Canon Middle East has unveiled an exciting new selection of digital compact cameras and consumer printers that provide a seamless photography experience, from the moment a photo is captured, through to sharing, either by printing or uploading to a social network. Reflecting Canon’s drive to fulfil consumer imaging needs, each of the new products has been designed with Canon’s mission of ‘Power to Your Next Step’ at its core – to inspire and empower users to take the next step in their imaging journey.
The latest launches from Canon include four new digital cameras: the expert-level PowerShot G16 and PowerShot S120 with superfast speed and responsiveness, the compact PowerShot SX510 HS and PowerShot SX170 IS boasting superzoom capabilities, All models capture stunning, high quality images that can then be transferred, via Wi-Fi or manually, to any of the six new home inkjet printers also being launched today . The PIXMA MG2440, PIXMA MG2540 and PIXMA MG3540 deliver photo lab quality prints, while the PIXMA MG5540, PIXMA MG6440, and PIXMA MG7140 introduce enhanced connectivity for printing from cloud services.
The PowerShot G16 and PowerShot S120 perfectly demonstrate Canon’s unparalleled expertise in image processing and lens design. The PowerShot G16 offers a super-bright f/1.8-2.8 5x optical zoom lens, while the PowerShot S120 is the slimmest camera in the world with an f/1.8 lens . Both cameras incorporate Canon’s most advanced image processor, the DIGIC 6, allowing the capture of photos and Full HD 60p movies in superb detail. Key features of both devices also include:
- The HS System: A combination of new DIGIC 6 image processing and a new 12.1 Megapixel 1/1.7 type high-sensitivity CMOS sensor, which delivers images with high levels of detail, wide dynamic range and low noise
- Enhanced speed, with sustained continuous shooting speeds of approximately 9fps and improved Auto Focus performance
- Integrated Wi-Fi with a new Image Sync function for creating backups of images both online and to a computer
Today also sees the introduction of six compact All-in-One home inkjet printers that deliver photo lab quality prints for the home. The PIXMA MG2440 and PIXMA MG2540 feature the following:
- Canon’s FINE ink technology to deliver fast, high-quality prints
- Compatibility with optional XL inks to print more economically
- My Image Garden software – a one-stop platform that combines all Canon PIXMA software into a single, easy-to-use interface
The PIXMA MG3540, PIXMA MG5540, PIXMA MG6440 and PIXMA MG7140, boast all of the above features with the addition of Wi-Fi connectivity. For PIXMA MG5540, MG6440 and MG7140, this also provides direct access to cloud services and social networking sites, making printing photos and documents easier than ever:
- PIXMA Cloud Link provides users with easy access to social networking, photo sharing and cloud storage sites directly from the TFT screens on PIXMA MG5540, MG6440 and MG7140. This ensures seamless printing of photos and documents from popular services such as Picasa, Flickr, Dropbox, Evernote and social networking sites including Facebook and Twitter.
- The new PIXMA Printing Solutions app is compatible with all four devices and allows users to print and scan to their PIMXA printer via a tablet or smartphone. It mirrors the services available on the printer, so content can be printed from online albums, social networking sites and cloud storage sites. The app can be downloaded from iTunes (iOS) and Google Play (Android)