Eye-Fi, a leading provider of wireless SD memory cards, has announced the launch of Eye-Fi Mobi in the United Arab Emirates. Mobi is a memory card that turns standard cameras into connected devices, enabling photos and videos to be transferred wirelessly to a mobile device for immediate upload on social media and email. Eye-Fi has partnered with local distributor, StreamPort Media, to release the product in the region.
“We are thrilled to expand into the UAE; a region that has an active social media presence. There is a growing demand for all digital devices to be connected and we can meet this need,” said Niels van der Valk, vice president of EMEA sales and marketing at Eye-Fi. “Many people use smartphones to take pictures because the images can be shared instantly on social media, but unfortunately the capabilities of smartphone can be very limited when compared to digital cameras in the areas of zoom, high-speed shooting, lighting and other functions, which is why we came up with Mobi.”
In recent years, social media has played a leading role in the UAE with an increasing number of users becoming more active on social media platforms. There are currently 3.6 million active users on Facebook in the UAE and 363 000 users on Twitter, in addition newer social media platforms are gaining traction. Earlier this year UAE emerged as number one among Arab countries that use Instagram, the world’s largest online photo gallery.
“Our research shows that Eye-Fi Mobi fills a gap in the UAE market,” said Reza Mehdizadeh, managing director of StreamPort Media. “In a technology driven region like the UAE, photo enthusiasts are looking for quicker ways to connect to social media and upload their pictures instantly.”
StreamPort Media will be distributing products to Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon and Pakistan. Eye Fi Mobi also recently launched in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Eye-Fi Mobi Key Features:
- Setup simply and instantly: Eye-Fi Mobi has a very simple card setup – no computer, no account and no cloud. Just download the free Eye-Fi app for iOS or Android, enter the Mobi card’s unique 10-digit code and the mobile device is paired. Use the same code to pair as many mobile devices as needed.
- Share real-time: Instantly transfer high-resolution photos and videos from camera to a device’s photo roll/gallery. From there, edit and share with favourite apps.
- Transfer anywhere: Built-in WiFi means no WiFi network, hotspot or internet connection needed for pairing or transfer; Mobi literally moves photos from camera to devices anywhere, whenever new content is detected.
- Works with the devices users already own (and love): Mobi works with thousands of cameras.
- Eye-Fi Connected: Many manufacturers have integrated the software support for the Eye-Fi technology into their camera’s.
- Free Eye-Fi App: For iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, including the Kindle Fire.
- Backup automatically: Photos and videos transfer as they’re taken, so if anything happens to the camera, content is already safe on the mobile device.
- Achieve lightning fast quality: Mobi reinforces Eye-Fi’s commitment to provide exceptional Class 10 performance in SDHC memory – HD video, low light and fast action shots are easily captured with this high-performance card.
Mobi is available through Sharaf DG, Jumbo and Souq.com.