Honda Motor Company has announced the launch of the All New 2018 Honda Odyssey for the GCC region. With over 2.7 million units sold across 4 generations, the Odyssey is one of the most popular MPV’s globally. The fifth generation 2018 Odyssey brings to the GCC region a whole lot of features and worlds first technologies such as CabinWatch, CabinTalk, 10 Speed AT and Magic Slide second row seats.
The exterior of the Odyssey has been redesigned to portray sophisticated and modern new styling that incorporates a signature flying wing front grille with Halogen Headlights (in LX and EX-L) and LED Headlights (in Touring) with Auto On-Off timer making it energy efficient. The Odyssey’s signature lightning bolt beltline makes it look elegant and the design cleverly hides the sliding door tracks in the lower side of the rear door. A wrap around side and rear glass portrays a floating roof structure, which adds elegance to the design. Rear Taillights with Integrated LED Light Bars (standard in all grades) enhances its sporty and dynamic profile.
A distinct feature of the Honda Odyssey in the EX-L and Touring grade is the Height Adjustable Power Tailgate feature, which makes it easy to customize for drivers of all heights and protects the tailgate from damage in areas with lower ceiling heights. In addition, the Touring Grade has the Hands-Free Assist feature, which allows you to open and close the tailgate with a simple kick action under the rear bumper when your hands are full.
The Odyssey comfortable and versatile when it comes to interior styling and cabin environment with different convenience features and state of the art technologies. The Odyssey can easily accommodate up to 8 passengers and a multitude of cargo in different shapes and sizes.
With the centre seat removed, the Magic Slide second row seats can move to the centre and forward allowing for convenient access to the third row. The second Row magic slide seats can be customized into four different positions
- Full Mode: In this mode, the Odyssey can accommodate 8 passengers comfortably with ample head and leg room
- Wide Mode: With the centre seat removed and two outboard seats in their outer most positions, this mode provides a wide centre walkthrough the third row.
- Super Mode: With the centre seat removed, the outboard seats slide laterally through five selectable positions allowing for easy access to third row with one or two rear facing child seats installed in the second row. The centre most seat also slides forward to allow easy access of the child for the front seat.
- Buddy Mode: With the centre seat removed, the outboard seats are next to each other in the centre of the vehicle, putting two people in close proximity and within easier reach of the front seat occupants.
The third row features a 60/40 Split Magic Seat configuration that folds down into the large recess in the cargo floor by pulling a single strap on each side creating a flat-floor cargo area.
The Odyssey boasts of a new and soft touch instrument panel, which includes a full color and an interactive 8-inch Display Audio Touch Screen, Stop Start button, Electronic Parking Brake with Brake Hold function, ventilated seats and a new push button gear selector. In addition, a new 7-inch Digital Driver Information Interface with direct sight to the driver ensures that relevant information such as phonebook, fuel consumption; remaining distance, select app control, turn by turn direction when using the navigation and even Honda SensingTM (touring grade only) are accessible and easy to read.
Cruise Control, Illuminated Vanity Mirrors (Dr and Asst), Map Lights, Ambient Console Lighting, Rear Window Defroster, Conversation mirror with Sunglass Holder, Driver’s Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment, Front Passenger’s Seat with 4-Way Power Adjustment, Ventilated Front Seats and Power Windows are standard in all grades. Active Noise Cancelling System, Acoustic windshield and thicker door glass, makes the Odyssey the quietest in its class.
The All New Honda Odyssey is a technologically advanced vehicle, which offers the latest features in technology and connectivity. Some of the features on the Touring grade include:
- 8-inch Display Audio Touchscreen: Full colour 8-inch Display Audio Touchscreen offers the latest in, device connectivity and acts like a command centre allowing the driver and the front seat passenger to customize according to preference. It even has the Apple CarPlay app, a physical knob for volume control and Multi-Zone Audio, which allows you to choose which audio plays in which zone.
- Honda CabinWatch: A camera with night vision allows the driver and the front passenger to view the rear passenger’s on the Display Audio Touch Screen.
- Honda CabinTalk: It allows you to easily talk with the passengers in the 2nd and the 3rd rows seats. Using the vehicles speaker systems or the wireless headphones it also overrides the headphones plugged into the 3rd row seats of the rear entertainment system.
- Rear Entertainment System: Passengers in the second and third rows can enjoy engaging content on a 10.2-inch screen using the HDMI input to connect major media devices or through the BluRay DVD/CD player. To keep the children occupied, it even has the “How Much Farther” app, which provides a fun way to track remaining KMs and travel time to a final destination. Five different themes can be selected by a simple press of the remote providing hours of entertainment
- Premium Audio System: The Odyssey comes with Eleven Premium Speakers including a subwoofer for increased durability at higher output, delivering crisp and clear sound.
- Wireless Charging: Phones supporting wireless charging can be easily charged, using the Wireless charging platform in the centre console on the Touring Grade.
- Multi-Angle Rear-view Camera with Dynamic Guidelines: It provides three different angles — normal, top-down and wide for a better view of what is behind you whenever you shift into Reverse. The dynamic guidelines help to ensure you park quickly and safely, in those tight spots
The All New Honda Odyssey is equipped with some of the best specs for Active and Passive Safety. It is equipped with the Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure, which is a Honda-exclusive body design that enhances occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal collisions. The body structure consists of 59% High Strength Steel and is 34KG lighter than the outgoing model. This improves body stiffness and rigidity by 44 percent, providing excellent dynamic capabilities
The Odyssey is equipped with Multilink Rear Suspension, and a low center of gravity chassis, with revised damper and steering geometry settings. Therefore, the Odyssey is excellent for the normal school runs and even better on those long journeys fully loaded at the weekend.
With Dual Pinion Steering, and Variable Gear Ratio, the Odyssey is easy to park, whilst providing excellent steering feedback on highways. The Odyssey is equipped with Dual Stage Multiple Threshold Front Airbags, Front Side Airbags, Three Row Side Curtain Airbags, Drivers and Front Passengers Knee Airbags to ensure maximum safety.
Other Honda active-safety features include Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control Systems (TCS), Anti-Lock Brake Systems (ABS), Electronic Brake Distributor (EBD), Agile Handling Assist, Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS), and Hill Start Assist (HSA).