Bin Haider Advocates & Legal Consultants announces essay competition to celebrate the Year of Tolerance. All the residents of UAE aged 15-24 are invited to submit essays entitled ‘The positive impact of the first Ministry of Tolerance in the world’.
The competition invites young people to explore the positive impacts on the UAE inspired by the Ministry of Tolerance and the Year of Tolerance. And, the winners of the competition will be awarded cash prizes up to AED 50,000 and the deadline for submission is Thursday, October 31, 2019.
The winner of the competition will be awarded AED 50,000, with the first and second runners up receiving AED 30,000 and AED 20,000 respectively. An additional 10 applicants will receive AED 3,000.
Inspired by the Government’s vision and leadership, Isa Bin Haider, CEO and founder of Bin Haider Advocates & Legal Consultants commissioned the competition to encourage younger residents of the UAE to explore the many positive effects that the Year of Tolerance has had on the UAE as a nation and its position of leadership on the global stage.
Speaking ahead of the competition, Bin Haider said “Engaging with young people is vital for the continued development of our society, and we hope that this initiative will encourage people to consider and research the many positive effects of our Government’s policies.”
“Our aim is to highlight the myriad of achievements inspired by the formation of the Ministry of Tolerance, in 2016, and the Year of Tolerance, 2019.” he added.
The essays will be judged on their originality, the strength of the argument, the level of communication and the research and resources that support the essay by a jury consisting of Isa Bin Haider, CEO and founder of Bin Haider Advocates & Legal Consultants; Dalya Bin Haider, General Manager of Bin Haider Advocates & Legal Consultants; Awad Elkarim Aburass and Yasser ElGendy, both legal consultants at Bin Haider Advocates & Legal Consultants.
The essay competition represents Bin Haider Advocates & Legal Consultants constant commitment to encouraging and supporting the youth of the UAE through its many initiatives including its vocational education and training programmes.
Criteria for application:
– Applicants must be residents of the UAE and between the ages of 15-24.
– The essay should be between 800 to 1000 words.
– The essay can be either in Arabic or English.
– The essay must be solely the work of its author.
– The essay must contain footnotes and/or bibliography. (This does not contribute towards the word count).
– The deadline for submission is Thursday, 31 October 2019.
– Potential applicants should email email@example.com to register their interest and receive an application form.
– After completing the submission form, applicants should send their essay, application form and a copy of their Passport and Emirates ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.